"We don't practice to become enlightened; because we're enlightened, we practice....If we don't see that this is it, that this moment is the state of enlightenment itself, then we're lost, we've gone astray." --Bernie Glassman
Community UU, 468 Rosedale Ave, White Plains, NY.
Practice will be led by Meredith.
Chants for Thu Nov 9 - Wed Nov 15:
- Facing Everything, p. 27
- The Misunderstanding of Many Lifetimes, p. 28
- Fukenzazengi, part 1, p. 36
- Menju, p. 42
BoWZ Westchester Chant Schedule
Reading this week: Bernie Glassman, Infinite Circle, Chapter 11, "Two Arrows That Meet in Midair" pp. 102-106.
Next up: starting Sat Dec 23, our book will be, Yamada Koun, Zen: The Authentic Gate.
Case this week: Blue Cliff Record #43, "Dongshan's 'No Cold or Heat'": CLICK HERE.
Sat Nov 18: Morning Meditation Retreat: 9am-noon. Registration at 8:30.
First Congregational Church
1 Walton Pl
Led by Boundless Way Guiding Teaching David Rynick, this retreat, open to people of all experience levels, is a wonderful opportunity. Register here: http://www.fccstamford.org/events/meditation.
Our regular Saturday practice is replaced by this event.
Events at Boundless Way Temple, 1030 Pleasant St, Worcester, MA:
- Buddhism 101, is a four-part series. You need not have attended earlier parts to attend any of the dates. The two remaining dates are Sat Nov 11, and Sat Dec 2. Information: HERE. Registration: HERE. For carpooling from White Plains, email to Brain LaVoie: brianlavoie43 -at- gmail -dot- com
- Practice and Study Retreat. Fri Nov 3, 19:00, to Sun Nov 5, 13:00. Information: HERE. Registration: HERE
- Rohatsu Sesshin, Thu Dec 7, 20:00, to Sun Dec 10, 13:00.