"Practice is not about having experiences, not about having giant realizations, not about getting somewhere or becoming something. We are perfect as we are. By 'perfect' I mean simply that this is it....Practice is to be aware of our thoughts without getting lost in them. And if we get lost, to notice that, too." --Joko Beck
Community UU, 468 Rosedale Ave, White Plains, NY.
Practice to be led by Meredith.
Morning Zen. Mon-Fri, 6:00 - 7:15am -- Basement Zendo. See HERE.
For Thu Mar 29 - Wed Apr 4:
- Heart of True Entrusting, p. 28
- Opening: Nothing to Do, p. 20.
- Closing: The Ship of Compassion, p. 75 + The Four Bodhisattva Vows, p. 11
- Opening: Gatha of Atonement, p. 5
- Closing: Spring Everywhere, p. 75 + Wake All the Beings, p. 11
BoWZ Westchester Chant Schedule
Reading this week: Charlotte Joko Beck, Nothing Special: Chap. 13, "The Subject-Object Problem," pp. 84-92.
Question. How does "the subject-object problem" arise in your life?
At Boundless Way Temple, 1030 Pleasant St, Worcester, MA:
- Sat Apr 14, and Sat May 12, 9:00-17:00. "Buddhism 101." INFO HERE.
A little rub dispels a small itch:
A single push of fingers across the spot, and half-way back.
Substantial itches, though: rub leads to scratch,
And scratch to scratch, increasing the injury.
Here, then, is your life:
Knowing when to rub, to scratch, and when, though difficult, to leave alone --
And, so often, not knowing.