"We have to be able to see both relative and absolute at the same time and to live and function freely in both spheres simultaneously. That is freedom." --Bernie Glassman
Sat Oct 28, 10:00 - 11:45am,
room 24, Community UU,
468 Rosedale Ave, White Plains, NY.
Practice will be led by Meredith.
Chants for Thu Oct 26 - Wed Nov 1:
- Essence of Atonement, p. 8
- Bodhisattva's Vow, p. 15
- Blinded by Passions, p. 31
- Genjokoan, part 3, p. 33
BoWZ Westchester Chant Schedule
Reading this week: Bernie Glassman, Infinite Circle, Chapter 9, "Subtle Source, Branching Streams," pp. 86-91.
Next up: starting Sat Dec 16, our book will be, Yamada Koun, Zen: The Authentic Gate.
Case this week: Book of Serenity #62, "Jingzhao Mihu's 'Enlightenment'": CLICK HERE.
Morning Meditation Retreat: Sat Nov 18, 9am-noon, at First Congregational Church, 1 Walton Pl, Stamford, CT. Led by Boundless Way Guiding Teaching David Rynick, this retreat, open to people of all experience levels, is a wonderful opportunity. Register here: http://www.fccstamford.org/events/meditation.
Our regular Saturday practice is canceled -- or, rather, replaced -- by this event.
Events at Boundless Way Temple, 1030 Pleasant St, Worcester, MA:
- Buddhism 101, is a four-part series. You need not have attended earlier parts to attend any of the dates. The two remaining dates are Sat Nov 11, and Sat Dec 2. Information: HERE. Registration: HERE. For carpooling from White Plains, email to Brain LaVoie: brianlavoie43 -at- gmail -dot- com
- Practice and Study Retreat. Fri Nov 3, 19:00, to Sun Nov 5, 13:00. Information: HERE. Registration: HERE
- Rohatsu Sesshin, Thu Dec 7, 20:00, to Sun Dec 10, 13:00.