"The purpose of the precepts is to deepen our awareness of the aspects of our lives and our understanding of why we are making the glass dirty all the time. As a result, we are led in the direction of taking better care of the glass." --Bernie Glassman
Community UU, 468 Rosedale Ave, White Plains, NY.
Practice will be led by Meredith.
Chants for Thu Nov 23 - Wed Dec 20:
- Loving-Kindness Sutra, p. 20
- Guidepost for Silent Illumination, p. 29
- The Many and the One, p. 45
- Mind Like the Moon, p. 45
BoWZ Westchester Chant Schedule
Reading this week: Bernie Glassman, Infinite Circle, Chapter 12, "The Bodhisattva Precepts: Literal, Subjective, and Intrinsic Perspectives" pp. 111-116.
Next up: starting Sat Jan 6, our book will be, Charlotte Joko Beck, Nothing Special.
(Note: This is a change from Yamada Koun, Authentic Zen. If you've already purchased Authentic Zen, hang on to it -- we will be getting to that later. It just seemed a good idea to do Joko's book first, so please go ahead an order Nothing Special as well. Thank you!)
Case this week: Book of Serenity #49, "Dongshan and the Memorial Service": CLICK HERE.
At Boundless Way Temple, 1030 Pleasant St, Worcester, MA:
- Buddhism 101, is a four-part series. You need not have attended earlier parts to attend any of the dates. The remaining date is Sat Dec 2. Information: HERE. Registration: HERE. For carpooling from White Plains, email to Brain LaVoie: brianlavoie43 -at- gmail -dot- com
- Rohatsu Sesshin, Thu Dec 7, 20:00, to Sun Dec 10, 13:00.
- Coming and Going Sesshin, Tue Jan 2, 19:00 – Mon Jan 22, 12:00. During these three weeks, participants "come and go" -- select a day, a week-end, several days, a week, or more when you can partake of this "encounter of the heart" (sesshin). INFO HERE.