"Everything in our life that disappoints us is a kind friend." --Joko BeckSaturday Zen: Sat May 19, 10:00 - 11:45am, room 24
Community UU, 468 Rosedale Ave, White Plains, NY.
Practice to be led Meredith Garmon
Morning Zen. Mon-Fri, 6:00 - 7:15am -- Basement Zendo. See HERE.
For Thu May 17 - Wed May 23:
- Loving-Kindness Sutra, p. 27
- Guidepost for Silent Illumination, p. 38
- The Many and The One, p. 60
- Mind Like the Moon, p. 60
- Opening: The Five Remembrances, p. 6
- Closing: Liberation from All Obstruction, p. 75 + Four Bodhisattva Vows, p. 11
BoWZ Westchester Chant Schedule
Reading this week: Charlotte Joko Beck, Nothing Special, Chap 19: "The Icy Couch," pp. 122-131.
Raven Tale: Suffering
I saw a young larch shudder
and looked around to see
if there were some cause
as would bring it fear or hurt.
Seeing none, I said:
"It's some fluke of wind,"
As if suffering were not also a current of air.
I turned then back to the trail,
Each footfall on the dirt
Alike the last,