"There is nowhere to get. We have already arrived at that place where there is no difference between the sound of a dove -- and a critical voice. Our task to to recognize that we have arrived." --Joko BeckSaturday Zen: Sat Aug 18, 10:00 - 11:45am
468 Rosedale Ave
White Plains, NY
Practice to be led by Meredith Garmon
Morning Zen. Tue & Thu, 6:00 - 7:15am
Basement Zendo. See HERE.
For Thu Aug 16 - Wed Aug 22:
- LovingKindness Sutra, p. 27
- Guidepost for Silent Illumination, p. 38
- The Many and the One, p. 60
- Mind Like the Moon, p. 60
- Opening: The Essence of Atonement, p. 8
- Closing: There is No End, p. 70 + The Four Bohisattva Vows, p. 11
BoWZ Westchester Chant Schedule
Reading for Sat Aug 18:
Primary Reading: Charlotte Joko Beck, Nothing Special, Ch. 31, "The Sound of a Dove -- and a Critical Voice," pp. 227-231.
Optional Secondary Reading: Thich Nhat Hanh, Old Path White Clouds, Ch. 10, "Unborn Child," pp. 68-73.
Next Book (starts Oct 13): angel Kyodo williams, Radical Dharma
Sesshin at Boundless Way Temple
1030 Pleasant St
Thu Sep 20, at 19:00 until Sun Jul 23, at 12:00.
Consider planning to attend! Registration will open six weeks before the event (that is, Thu Aug 9). Check HERE for updates.
- Raven Tale: #66: Too Clever By Half. CLICK HERE