"Sitting touches every aspect of our lives; yet when we forget one thing, we have forgotten everything. Without it, nothing else works. It's hard to give it a name. We might call it wonder. When we forget the wonder of that which we encounter, then we're in trouble; our lives don't work." --Joko BeckSaturday Zen: Sat Sep 1, 10:00 - 11:45am
468 Rosedale Ave
White Plains, NY
Practice to be led by Meredith Garmon
Morning Zen. Tue & Thu, 6:00 - 7:15am
Basement Zendo. See HERE.
For Thu Aug 30 - Wed Sep 5:
- Bodhisattva's Vow, p. 22
- Harmony of Relative and Absolute, p. 23
- Fullfilling the Buddha Way, p. 40
- Opening: The Essence of Atonement, p. 8
- Closing: There is No End, p. 70 + The Four Bohisattva Vows, p. 11
BoWZ Westchester Chant Schedule
Reading for Sat Sep 1:
Primary Reading: Charlotte Joko Beck, Nothing Special, Ch. 34, "Chaos and Wonder," p. 239-245.
Optional Secondary Reading: Thich Nhat Hanh, Old Path White Clouds, Ch. 11, "Moonlight Flute," pp. 74-78.
Next Book (starts Oct 13): angel Kyodo williams, Radical Dharma
Sesshin at Boundless Way Temple
1030 Pleasant St
Thu Sep 20, at 19:00 until Sun Sep 23, at 12:00.
Consider planning to attend! Registration now open. Info on this sesshin: HERE. Registration form: HERE.
- Raven Tale: 68 The Fun Way CLICK HERE
- Koan: GG31/BOS10 Zhoazhou Sees Through an Old Woman CLICK HERE
Post a Comment