"Dorothy realized that what she had been seeking all her life was simply her life itself: the people, the house, the rooms. All were the face of God. If we really saw that, we wouldn't torture ourselves and each other as we do. We're unkind; we're manipulative; we're dishonest. If we saw that this very life we lead is the face of God itself, we would not be able to behave in such ways -- not because of any commandment or prohibition, but just because we see what life is." --Joko BeckSaturday Zen: Sat Sep 22, 10:00 - 11:45am
468 Rosedale Ave
White Plains, NY
Practice to be led by Meredith Garmon
Morning Zen. Tue and Thu, 6:00 - 7:15am
Basement Zendo. See HERE.
For Fri Sep 21 - Thu Sep 27:
- Longer Precepts, p. 63
- Opening: Aspiration Prayer, p. 11
- Closing: Hope in the Dark, p. 71
BoWZ Westchester Chant Schedule
Reading for Sat Sep 22:
- Primary Reading: Charlotte Joko Beck, Nothing Special, Ch. 37, "Dorothy and the Locked Door," p. 258-266.
- Optional Secondary Reading: Thich Nhat Hanh, Old Path White Clouds, Ch. 13, "Beginning Spiritual Practice," pp. 87-94.
- Next Book starts Oct 13: angel Kyodo williams, Radical Dharma
Post a Comment