"When we have no hope, our mind quiets. As long as we have hope, our mind is trying to figure out how to fulfill those wonderful things that we want to happen to us, or trying to protect ourselves from all the terrible things that shouldn't happen. And so the mind is anything but quiet." --Joko BeckSaturday Zen: Sat Sep 8, 10:00 - 11:45am
468 Rosedale Ave
White Plains, NY
Practice to be led by Terry Truta
Morning Zen. Tue and Thu, 6:00 - 7:15am
Basement Zendo. See HERE.
For Thu Sep 6 - Wed Sep 12:
- Compassionate Heart of Wisdom, p. 15
- Hakuin's Song of Zazen, p. 17
- Great Doubt, p. 18
- Opening: Aspiration Prayer, p. 11
- Closing: Hope in the Dark, p. 71
BoWZ Westchester Chant Schedule
Reading for Sat Sep 8:
- Primary Reading: Charlotte Joko Beck, Nothing Special, Ch. 35, "From Drama to No Drama," p. 249-254.
- Optional Secondary Reading: Thich Nhat Hanh, Old Path White Clouds, Ch. 12, "Kanthaka," pp. 79-86.
- Next Book (starts Oct 13): angel Kyodo williams, Radical Dharma
Sesshin at Boundless Way Temple
1030 Pleasant St
Thu Sep 20, at 19:00 until Sun Sep 23, at 12:00.
Consider planning to attend! Registration now open. Info on this sesshin: HERE. Registration form: HERE.
- Raven Tale: 69 Zazen Alone CLICK HERE
- Koan: Book of Serenity 98 Dongshan's "Intimate With It" CLICK HERE
Post a Comment