"Dharma didn't just tell me about love and compassion; it provided a method to become love and compassion....Silence became the medium in which I was reborn into a sense of happiness and contentment....In the end my movements have cost me. They have cost me my fear of becoming the person that I want and need to be." --Lama Rod OwensSaturday Zen: Sat Oct 13, 10:00 - 11:45am
468 Rosedale Ave
White Plains, NY
Practice to be led by Meredith Garmon
Morning Zen. Tue and Thu, 6:00 - 7:15am
Basement Zendo. See HERE.
For Fri Oct 12 - Thu Oct 18:
- Song of Realizing the Dao, p. 31
- Fukanzazengi, p. 45
- Menju, p. 50
- Opening: The Way I Must Enter + Oneness, pp. 80, 82
- Closing: Healing is Situated in Love, p. 71
BoWZ Westchester Chant Schedule
- Primary Reading: williams, Owens, Syedullah, Radical Dharma, "Remembering in Seven Movements," by Rod Owens, pp. 3-14.
- Optional Secondary Reading: Thich Nhat Hanh, Old Path White Clouds, Ch. 16, "Was Yasodhara Sleeping?" pp. 110-113.
- Primary Reading for Next Week (Oct 20): Radical Dharma, "The Abolition of Whiteness," by Jasmine Syedullah, and "A Different Drum" by angel Kyodo williams, pp. 15-35.
This Week's Raven Tale: #74, She Doesn't Know. HERE.