"Prophets...must establish and maintain the aspiration to be free. They must love the whole of life so completely that they embody joy in the face of suffering. Indeed, they know them to be two faces of the one lover" --angel Kyodo williamsSaturday Zen: Sat Dec 29, 10:00 - 11:45am
468 Rosedale Ave
White Plains, NY
Practice to be led by Meredith Garmon
Morning Zen. Tue, Wed, & Thu, 6:00 - 7:15am
Basement Zendo. See HERE.
For Mon Dec 24 - Sun Dec 30:
- Ten Grave Precepts, p. S3
- The Four Commitments, p. 65
- The Fourfold Commitment to Justice, p. 66
- Opening: Do Your Best, p. 20
- Closing: Awakening to Discouragement, p. 73
- Primary Reading: Radical Dharma, angel Kyodo williams, "A New Dharma: Prophetic Wisdom and the Rise of Transcendent Movements," pp. 191-204.
- Optional Secondary Reading: Thich Nhat Hanh, Old Path White Clouds, Ch. 25, "Music's Lofty Peaks," p. 162.
Next book begins Jan 5: Koun Yamada, Zen: The Authentic Gate. Order from Wisdom Publications (HERE) or Amazon (HERE).
This Week's Raven Tale: #84, Trust -- HERE
See Youtube dialog with angel Kyodo williams and Lama Rod Owens (29:53): HERE.
See angel Kyodo williams' TED talk: HERE.