"By awakening to our self-nature, by awakening to both emptiness and form, we come to peace. This is true Buddhist salvation. However, we must wipe away all traces of enlightenment as well, and then forget that we have wiped them away. And that practice continues endlessly. This is the Buddha Way." --Koun YamadaSaturday Zen: Sat Jan 26, 10:00 - 11:45am
468 Rosedale Ave
White Plains, NY
Practice to be led by Meredith Garmon
Morning Zen. Tue - Fri, 6:00-7:15am, at the Parsonage, Basement Zendo. SEE HERE.
Chants for Mon Jan 21 - Sun Jan 27:
- Actualizing Fundamental Reality, parts 1-3, p. 41
- Opening: The Fruit of the Bodhisattva Way, p. 21
- Closing: Who Owns the Weather, p. 73
- Primary Reading: Koun Yamada, Zen: The Authentic Gate, Ch. 3b, "Principle of Salvation in Zen Buddhism," 2nd half, pp. 28-37.
- Optional Secondary Reading: Thich Nhat Hanh, Old Path White Clouds, Ch. 29, "Dependent Co-Arising," p. 185.
This Week's Raven Tale: #88, Unhappy -- HERE
This Week's Koan: Book of Serenity #43, Luoshan's "Appearing and Disappearing" -- HERE
Video: Kathleen Reiley talks about Koun Yamada (1907-1989) -- HERE (5:55)
Post a Comment