"If even for a short time one sits erect in meditative absorption and impresses the buddha seal upon the three sources of karma -- physical, verbal, and mental actions -- everything in the world of things will become the buddha seal and all space will become enlightenment." --DogenSaturday Zen: Sat Feb 16, 10:00 a- 11:45am
468 Rosedale Ave
White Plains, NY
Practice to be led by Meredith Garmon
Morning Zen. Tue - Fri, 6:00-7:15am, at the Parsonage, Basement Zendo. SEE HERE.
Chants for Mon Feb 11 - Sun Feb 17:
- Unending Truth, p. 36
- Facing Everything, p. 36
- The Misunderstanding of Many Lifetimes, p. 37
- Self and Other the Same, p. 37
- Field of Boundless Emptiness, p. 37
- Opening: Seeking with Empty Hands, p. 24; Bodhisattva's Prayer, p. 32
- Closing: Sending-and-Receiving, p. 74
- Primary Reading: Koun Yamada, Zen: The Authentic Gate, Ch. 5, "Types of Zen Practice," pp. 59-66.
- Optional Secondary Reading: Thich Nhat Hanh, Old Path White Clouds, Ch. 32, "The Finger Is Not the Moon, p. 211.
This Week's Raven Tale: #91, Blasphemy -- HERE
This Week's Koan: Book of Serenity #97, Emperor Tongguang's Helmet Hood -- HERE