"A true teacher possesses ability beyond the ordinary, a spirit surpassing the commonplace. Not clinging to personal views, he or she does not get bogged down in emotions. Action and understanding are in agreement. This is an authentic teacher." --DogenSaturday Zen: Sat Mar 16, 10:00a - noon
468 Rosedale Ave
White Plains, NY
Practice to be led by Meredith Garmon
Morning Zen. Tue - Fri, 6:00-7:15am, at the Parsonage, Basement Zendo. SEE HERE.
Chants for Mon Mar 11 - Sun Mar 17:
- Compassionate Heart of Wisdom, p. 15
- Song of Zazen, p. 17
- Great Doubt, p. 18
- Opening: This World of Dew, p. 35; Blinded by Passions, p. 40
- Closing: To Change Every Moment, p. 74
- Primary Reading: Koun Yamada, Zen: The Authentic Gate, Ch. 7, "Finding an Authentic Teacher," pp. 91-96.
- Optional Secondary Reading: Thich Nhat Hanh, Old Path White Clouds, Ch. 35, "Early Morning Sunshine," p. 230
This Week's Raven Tale: #95, What Is Mind? -- HERE
Post a Comment