"It is not necessary to burn incense, make prostrations, pray to the Buddha, practice penance, or study sutras; just sit and let body and mind fall away." --DogenSaturday Zen: Sat Mar 23, 10:00a - noon
468 Rosedale Ave
White Plains, NY
Practice to be led by David Bauer
Morning Zen. Tue - Fri, 6:00-7:15am, at the Parsonage, Basement Zendo. SEE HERE. CANCELED FOR FRI MAR 22.
Chants for Mon Mar 18 - Sun Mar 24:
- Song of the Jeweled-Mirror Samadhi, p. 25
- Three Marks of Dharma, p. S2
- Opening: This World of Dew, p. 35; Blinded by Passions, p. 40
- Closing: To Change Every Moment, p. 74
- Primary Reading: Koun Yamada, Zen: The Authentic Gate, Ch. 8a, "Depth of Enlightenment," 1st half, pp. 97-107.
- Optional Secondary Reading: Thich Nhat Hanh, Old Path White Clouds, Ch. 36, "Lotus Vow," p. 236.
This Week's Raven Tale: #96, Confined -- HERE
This Week's Koan: BOS96: Jiufeng Does Not Acknowledge -- HERE