"Because zazen -- done even by one person for a short time -- unifies everything in the universe and harmoniously becomes one with every instant of time in the entire flow of time, it ceaselessly works in infinite worlds in the past, present, and future to accomplish the salvation of all sentient beings. . . . Even if all of the innumerable buddhas in the entire universe combined their efforts and attempted to measure the merit of one person's zazen, they could never fathom it." --DogenSaturday Zen: Sat Jun 1, 10:00a - noon
468 Rosedale Ave
White Plains, NY
Practice to be led by Meredith Garmon
Morning Zen. Tue - Fri, 6:00-7:15am, at the Parsonage, Basement Zendo. SEE HERE.
Chants for Mon May 27 - Sun Jun 2:
- Yongjia's Song of Realizing the Dao, p. 20.
- Heart Sutra, p. 10.
- Opening: The Three Refuges, p. 3.
- Closing: Liberation from All Obstructions, p. 26.
- Primary Reading: Koun Yamada, Zen: The Authentic Gate, Ch. 17. "Practical Matters," pp. 187-199.
- Optional Secondary Reading: Thich Nhat Hanh, Old Path White Clouds, Ch. 45, "Opening the Door," p. 293.
Starting Sat Jun 8: Pema Chodron, Comfortable with Uncertainty
This Week's Raven Tale: #103, The Goal -- HERE