"Out there are all the planets and all the galaxies and vast space, but we're stuck here in this cocoon. Moment after moment, we're deciding that we would rather stay in that cocoon than step out into that big space. Life in our cocoon is cozy and secure. We're in this zone of safety and that's what we consider life." --Pema ChodronSaturday Zen: Sat Aug 31, 10:00a - noon
468 Rosedale Ave
White Plains, NY
Practice to be led by TBA.
(Meredith will be away.)
Chants for Mon Aug 26 - Sun Sep 1:
- Yongjia's Song of Realizing the Dao, p. 20
- The Heart Sutra, p. 10
- Opening: The Essence of Atonement, p. 4
- Closing: The Way of Tenderness, p. 27
Reading for Sat Aug 31:
- Pema Chodron, Comfortable with Uncertainty, #12, "The Root of Suffering."
- Thich Nhat Hanh, Old Path White Clouds, Ch. 53, "Dwelling in the Present Moment."
- #112, What is the Way? (I) -- HERE