Join me and the BoWZ-Westchester Sangha via Zoom at 10:00 EDT every Saturday morning:
This Week's Practice: Breath Counting.
- Count each exhale up to 10, then start over at 1.
- If you lose your place, simple go back to 1.
- On each exhale, say the number to yourself.
- Draw out the word so that it lasts throughout the exhale and the pause between exhale and inhale, and cuts off with the beginning of the inhale ("onnnnnnnnne," "twooooooooooo," "threeeeeeeeeeeeee," etc.)
Chants for Mon Apr 6 - Sun Apr 12
- Record of Linji, p. 9
- Heart Sutra, p. 10
Opening and Closing for Mon Mar 23 - Sun Apr 19:
- Opening:Gatha of Atonement, p. 3
- Closing: The Ship of Compassion, p. 26
Reading for Sat Apr 11 (no change from reading for Sat Apr 4):
- Shunryu Suzuki, Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind, "Emptiness"
This Week's Raven Tale:
- #117, Mistakes -- HERE