Join the BoWZ-Westchester Sangha via Zoom at 10:00 Eastern every Saturday morning:
Audio Only: telephone 646-876-9923 & Enter Meeting ID: 289 850 7899
This Week's Chants -- May 25-31.
Sutra Book for printing (two-columned pages): CLICK HERE
Sutra Book for reading on your computer screen (one-column pages): CLICK HERE
Page numbers below refer to the two-column version:
- Opening: #3 The Three Refuges, p. 1, Dedication, p. 1, The Flame of Practice, p. 3.
- Sutra Service #10: Heart Sutra, p. 10, Torei's Bodhisattva's Vow, p. 26-27, Hakuin's Great Doubt, p. 27, Shitou's Song of the Grass Roof Hermitage, p. 27.
- Closing: #3 The Necessity of Great Doubt, p. 36, The Four Bodhisattva Vows, p. 38.
- Light a candle or a stick of incense (or both)
- Three bows to Buddha (a statue, image, or object representing awakened nature)
- Opening Recitation: "The Three Refuges," "Dedication," and "The Flame of Practice"
- Sit Zazen (set a timer for 15 to 30 mins)
- Sutra Service: Chant along the Readings for week 10: Heart Sutra, p. 10, Torei's Bodhisattva's Vow, p. 26-27, Hakuin's Great Doubt, p. 27, Shitou's Song of the Grass Roof Hermitage, p. 27.
- Dharma Study: 30 minutes of Dharma Reading or listening to a Dharma podcast (tea optional). For suggestions, see the "Reading/Videos" tab.
- Closing: "The Necessity of Great Doubt" and "The Four Bodhisattva Vows"
This Week's Reading for Sat May 30
- Shunryu Suzuki, Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind, "Experience, Not Philsophy." Reading Schedule HERE.