Join the BoWZ-Westchester Sangha via Zoom every Saturday morning:
9:45a Eastern -- informal conversation
10:00a Eastern -- practice begins
Audio Only: telephone 646-876-9923 & Enter Meeting ID: 289 850 7899
This Week's Reading for Sat Jul 4
- Taizan Maezumi, Appreciate Your Life: The Essence of Zen Practice, "Appreciate Your Life," pp. 3-7.
- Reading Schedule HERE.
- What is our life? What is our death?
- What is this treasury of the true dharma eye and subtle mind of nirvana?
- How can we experience the life that we are living now as an infinite, literally limitless life, as the subtle mind of nirvana?
- I am the one who does not see my life as the subtle mind of nirvana. I am the one who is not experiencing life as treasure. What is this I that is blocking this realization?
- "If you live one day with a clear understanding of what life is, the value of that one day is equal to many years of living without awareness." Is this true? How so?
- "When we practice, we do not need to expect anything." What's it like to practice with intention and without expectation?
- This life right now is nirvana. So what is the difference between Shakyamuni Buddha's life and your life?
- #129: The Dualistic Idea ☙ Raven Index.
- Light a candle or stick of incense, or both
- Three bows to Buddha
- Gatha of Atonement (odd-numbered dates) or The Three Refuges (even-numbered dates);
- Dedication (use Sutra Book and audio below)
- Opening Verse (use Sutra Book and audio below)
- Zazen (25 mins)
- Sutra Service Readings (use Sutra Book and audio below)
- Dharma Study (book or podcast, 15-30 mins)
- Closing Verse (use Sutra Book and audio below)
- Odd-Numbered Dates: Gatha of Atonement, p. 1. Even-numbered Dates: The Three Refuges, p. 1
- Dedication 1, p. 1
Even-numbered dates: audio player below or CLICK HERE.
Opening Verse for Mon Jun 15 - Sun Jul 12
- Enmei Jukku Kannon Gyo, p. 3
- 25 mins.
- Sutra for Jun 29-Jul 5: Week 2.A. ("Sengcan's Heart of True Entrusting," p. 7)
- Book or podcast, 15-30 mins.
- Three Prayers, p. 36; Save All the Beings, p. 38.
Be a part of the Boundless Way discussion on racial justice! See HERE.
Interested in attending (from your home, or wherever you are with your laptop computer) the on-line Boundless Way Zen retreat Fri Jul 10 - Mon Jul 13? See HERE.
Post a Comment