"The thing about our pain and suffering is that until it is met and seen for what it is, it doesn't go anywhere. It's like the dark places in your refrigerator, things hidden in little containers that you refuse to open because you don't quite remember when it got there. So instead of opening and facing the smelly containers you find, you ignore them and eventually run into an infestation, an overgrowth of mold and spores and bacteria and things that can kill you, because you didn't want to deal with them when they were just plain stinky." --Radical DharmaSaturday Zen: Sat Nov 17, 10:00 - 11:45am
468 Rosedale Ave
White Plains, NY
Practice to be led by Meredith Garmon
Morning Zen. Tue and Thu, 6:00 - 7:15am
Basement Zendo. See HERE.
For Fri Nov 16 - Fri Nov 22:
- Loving-Kindness Sutra, p. 27
- Guidepost for Silent Illumination, p. 38
- The Many and the One, p. 60
- Mind Like the Moon, p. 60
- Opening: Nothing to Do, p. 20
- Closing: Compassion Unbound, p. 72
BoWZ Westchester Chant Schedule
- Primary Reading: Radical Dharma, "Radicalizing Dharma Dreams," pp. 75-88; "It's Not About Love After All," pp. 89-104.
"Remembering Love: An Informal Contemplation on Healing," pp. 57-74.
- Optional Secondary Reading: Thich Nhat Hanh, Old Path White Clouds, Ch. 19, "Tangerine of Mindfulness," pp. 125-131.
This Week's Raven Tale: #78, Giving -- HERE.