"Each thing is the complete and perfect expression of our True Self and of the ultimate truth of the universe. Sun, moon, stars, every tree and blade of grass, and every action, large and subtle -- there isn't one of these that is not a complete revelation of the scenery of the essential world." --Yamada KounSaturday Zen: Sat Feb 23, 10:00 a- 11:45am
468 Rosedale Ave
White Plains, NY
Practice to be led by Meredith Garmon
Morning Zen. Tue - Fri, 6:00-7:15am, at the Parsonage, Basement Zendo. SEE HERE.
Chants for Mon Feb 18 - Sun Feb 24:
- Loving-Kindness Sutra, p. 27
- Guidepost for Silent Illumination, p. 38
- The Many and the One, p. 60
- Mind Like the Moon, p. 60
- Opening: Seeking with Empty Hands, p. 24; Bodhisattva's Prayer, p. 32
- Closing: Sending-and-Receiving, p. 74
- Primary Reading: Koun Yamada, Zen: The Authentic Gate, Ch. 6a, "Koan Practice and Just Sitting," 1st half, pp. 67-76.
- Optional Secondary Reading: Thich Nhat Hanh, Old Path White Clouds, Ch. 33, "Beauty That Does Not Fade," p. 216.
This Week's Raven Tale: #92, Attainment -- HERE
This Week's Koan: Gateless Gate #12, Ruiyan Calls Himself "Master" -- HERE