"We ourselves are nothing but perfect, complete, infinite, and absolute existence. And Zen aims to realize this condition not through the intellect but in living experience." --Koun YamadaSaturday Zen: Sat Jan 19, 10:00 - 11:45am
468 Rosedale Ave
White Plains, NY
Practice to be led by TBA
Morning Zen. CANCELLED THIS WEEK.
For Mon Jan 14 - Sun Jan 20:
- Song of Realizing the Dao, p. 30
- Fukenzazengi, p. 45
- Menju, p. 50
- Opening: The Fruit of the Bodhisattva Way, p. 21
- Closing: Who Owns the Weather, p. 73
- Primary Reading: Koun Yamada, Zen: The Authentic Gate, Ch. 3a, "Principle of Salvation in Zen Buddhism," 1st half, pp. 19-27.
- Optional Secondary Reading: Thich Nhat Hanh, Old Path White Clouds, Ch. 28, "Palm Forest," p. 180.
This Week's Raven Tale: #87, Hearing -- HERE
See Youtube video of Sanbo Zen teachers talking about Zen (4:56): HERE.