"Bodhicitta ('enlightenment-mind'), is the mind that strives toward awakening, empathy, and compassion for the benefit of all sentient beings. Bodhicitta is a spontaneous wish to attain enlightenment motivated by great compassion for all sentient beings, accompanied by a falling away of the attachment to the illusion of an inherently existing self. A person who has a spontaneous realization or motivation of bodhicitta is called a bodhisattva." --"Bodhicitta" (Wikipedia)Saturday Zen: Sat Jun 8, 10:00a - noon
468 Rosedale Ave
White Plains, NY
Practice to be led by Meredith Garmon
Morning Zen. Tue - Fri, 6:00-7:15am, at the Parsonage, Basement Zendo. SEE HERE.
Chants for Mon Jun 3 - Sun Jun 9:
- Harmony of Relative and Absolute, p. 21.
- Song of the Grass-Roof Hermitage, p. 22.
- Torei's Bodhisattva's Vow, p. 22.
- Opening: The Three Refuges, p. 3.
- Closing: Liberation from All Obstructions, p. 26.
- Primary Reading: Pema Chodron, Comfortable with Uncertainty, #1.
- Optional Secondary Reading: Thich Nhat Hanh, Old Path White Clouds, Ch. 46.
This Week's Raven Tale: #104, Mutually Dependent Arising -- HERE