"If we go on practicing assiduously, our illusions will decrease of themselves and the marvelous virtue of buddha nature will reveal itself in us. This practice is what we call 'personalization of the Supreme Way.'" --Koun YamadaSaturday Zen: Sat Feb 9, 10:00 a- 11:45am
468 Rosedale Ave
White Plains, NY
Practice to be led by Meredith Garmon
Morning Zen. Tue - Fri, 6:00-7:15am, at the Parsonage, Basement Zendo. SEE HERE.
Chants for Mon Feb 4 - Sun Feb 10:
- Song of the Grass-Roof Hermitage, p. 16
- Heart Sutra, p. 14
- Opening: Seeking with Empty Hands, p. 24; Bodhisattva's Prayer, p. 32
- Closing: Sending-and-Receiving, p. 74
- Primary Reading: Koun Yamada, Zen: The Authentic Gate, Ch. 4b, "The Three Great Aims of Zen," 2nd half, pp. 49-57.
- Optional Secondary Reading: Thich Nhat Hanh, Old Path White Clouds, Ch. 31, "I Will Return in the Spring," p. 203.
This Week's Raven Tale: #90, Method -- HERE
This Week's Koan: Gateless Gate #5, Xiangyan's Man Up a Tree -- HERE